Sunday, April 11, 2010

The World is Coming to Africa

Flags of Participating Countries


Its barely 60 days to the next FIFA U-23 soccer world championship,  South Africa 2010. This is the first time Africa is hosting such an event I guess the next event  to be hosted is Olympics but I guess that is not anytime soon but I'm sure we can do it. Yes we can.

The stage is set SA is waiting and the world is eager. Who would not love to be at the World cup. Even to hear the sound of the Vuvuzela tooting in your ears or hear the Fans Cheering.  This is the time you would wish u were a citizen of SA or at least you live in SA.

A lot of work has gone into this. Stadium Construction, Infrastructure upgrade, etc Sure Millions of dollars have gone down.
This is one of the major events that brings the world together irregardless of our differences. It unites the world this is because every continent is actively represented. This Event is not just for football but it about having the best of football players playing for their countries. The likes of Rooney, Messi, Arshavin, Tevez ....just to mention a few would be expected to root for their country
If Nigeria missed the ticket to participate it would have been a different story but thanks to God.
I so much love MTN's  world cup tag line "South Africa, We can't wait , Lets go!"
32 Teams, One Cup!
Let the game begin!

                                   Polokwane Stadium
Rustenburg Stadium

Soccer City

Ellis Park

Cape Town Stadium
Durban Stadium
Official  Mascot - Zakumi
Picture source: FIFA





13 comments:

Jennifer A. said...

Let's Go!!!

Good Naija Girl said...

It sounds like someone is a big footie fan!

It'll be exciting, for sure!

Spesh said...

I'm looking forward to Africa's "big debut" like everyone else with ma fingers crossed :-)

Fragilelooks said...

fingers crossed.

sosexy said...

Can't wait either!

Myne said...

The buzz is sure building. I like that tag line too. Let's go there!

Adeoluwa - NBB said...

@Jaycee Lets Go

@GNG it sure will be exiting

@My world im sure Well do just fyne

@Fragilelooks keep it crosed. lol

@sosexy Lets Go!

@Myne Whitman I just love the tag line. Lets Go!

Unknown said...

Omo, me is cant wait. I am so looking forward. I pray Argentina no kill us o with Messi. lol

Unknown said...

Wait o NBB, you talk say U-23 word cup? For where... this world cup no get under o. lol

Anonymous said...

Oh I can't wait! The stadiums look great.

Adeoluwa - NBB said...

@LDP God will have mercy on us because of Messi. lol. Edited the U-23. What was I thinking of? Thanks for taking note

@Suru I think so too.Lovely structures. Thanks

Adeola Awodele said...

9jans and football...kai...lol

HmusicK said...

K'Naan - Wavin' Flag

world cup anthem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtJEtGpjOnc

I love that song soo much
and can't wait either :P

Post a Comment

Have your Say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...