Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Tweeting for a Cause!


Tweeting for Charity
I got the opportunity I had always wanted and this was to volunteer for such an event like tweet for charity
It started when I had to help out the Lagos team with some legwork. knowing that the Orphanage was a 5mins walk from where I live.
This is an orphanage I had earlier been opportune to visit and make donations.

My heart always goes out to giving, charity and helping people in general .
I once wrote a poem about some orphans I had once met and that is the best i have written so far (I think). It still pains me that it was misplaced .I had teary eyes when I was writing it I hope I find the poem someday cos its hard rewriting it.


So the event went well with majorly tweeters coming together to make a difference in the lives of these kids ages between 0 and 7.
I used to think all kids in orphanages could be adopted but this thought was dispelled we were told that some are for adoption while some are for fostering. The kids were lovely, the smiles on their faces, their response, they actually felt loved, triplets, the very cute baby...
I always tell myself and the people I come in contact with that we are not better off. Its just a privilege that we enjoy

These kids never knew what it felt like to be in the hand of a mother, to enjoy the cuddle of a father, suck from the breast of a mother....
In all it was a wonderful experience to give to those who are in need.

Also had the opportunity to see some of my followers on twitter for the first time and I came to the conclusion that people don't really look like their tweets (pun intended) but really they don't. your tweets don't define you. You define your tweets.

17 comments:

Fabulo-la said...

No pictures? :(

So then WHAT defines you?

Unknown said...

LOL - I wish I'm in Nigeria, I would have surfaced too. I love stuffs like this.

Deolu, may you find that poem in Jesus' name. Ever since I lost my manuscript of a book I once wrote, I knew how it feels to lose once's writing. It's never the same rewriting.

Will be in Naija soon o. Let me know the next of such events, maybe I can attend - very keen! God bless your heart :)

- LDP

Fragilelooks said...

wiy r dere no pix? realy wot makes us beta dan dose orphans. my heart goes out to dm. visitd an orphanage sme wks ago and lft on rubbery legs. GOD BLESS AL THOSE TAT PARTICIPATD.

NakedSha said...

Hmmm, bless you all's hearts. And the beautiful kids!

Good Naija Girl said...

I think it's wonderful that you participated in such an initiative, and it's my hope that one day I will be able to take part in such a thing, or at leas help organize something.

It's great to have a heart for volunteering and helping others.

Yankeenaijababe said...

Very impressive, I wish to help too. You should have taken some pictures of the kids but I understand for privacy reason. Keep up the good work.

Blogoratti said...

Well done.
All the best with your plans!

Myne said...

Thanks for this debriefing, well done and thanks for being a part of this.

Jennifer A. said...

"These kids never knew what it felt like to be in the hand of a mother, to enjoy the cuddle of a father, suck from the breast of a mother...." Deep.

Glad you guys went, really glad. Lol @ Your tweets define you. True.

Jennifer A. said...

ps: I think I would have cried had I been there...

Aee Bonrue said...

I'm still searching for ways to describe the feeling...

Adeoluwa - NBB said...

@Fabulola Pictures coming up soon

@LDP ill keep u posted

@Fragilelooks ill post the pics

@Nakedsha God Bless you too

@GNG it was a wonderful experience. I hope u to sometime soon

@yankeenaijababe we wanted to take pictures but we were not allowed to i should still be able go get some pic though

@blogoratti thanks man!

@Myne Whitman thanks

@Jaycee Sis thanks o. I almost had teary eyes. i just had to control it

@aeedeeaee sure u should.

Favorsheart said...

First time here....liking it here too.

Me i'm still struggling with twitter...cant seem to get a hang of it. My tweet ID's Favorsheart

Unknown said...

May God enable those orphans and host of others around the world find the love they were deprived of. I love the helpless, God be their guide.

Adeoluwa - NBB said...

@Favor's Heart Thanks

@ KENNISBLEGAD I say a big Amen to your prayer. thanks too.

Nona said...

How sweet. I pray for those children. Someday, I want to become an adoptive mother to children all over the world.

You can do God's work by what you just did!

Adeoluwa - NBB said...

@Nona I pray God gives u the grad to do so.Like u said, its Gods work. thanks

Post a Comment

Have your Say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...